Tele bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele bridges

I need to buy a Tele bridge for my Tele parts project. There are the vintage style ones with 3 saddles and the modern ones with 6 saddles. Which one should I get? I heard that the vintage ones are a big part of the tele tone, because they have walls around the baseplate, which effects the magnetic field while playing.Any info?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Most tele players feel strongly that the 3 saddle bridge is a big part of the tele sound. The only downside to the 3-saddle bridge is the imperfect intonation adjustment, however there is a version of the 3-saddle bridge which has the saddles angled a bit. It is called a "compensated bridge" (I think it might also be referred to as a "Danny Gatton bridge"). Now, if this is a string-thru body and not a toploader, the hole location on the body is different from the 6-saddle bridge, so if you already have a drilled body I think you might be stuck with one or the other.

Comment

I forgot about one thing....if your body is drilled for the vintage 3-hole saddle, there is in fact a 6-saddle vintage-style bridge that will fit it.

EDIT: Hey, I found the link for it:

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0990810000
      Last edited by Axewielder; 12-26-2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

If you are looking for the tele sound, then I totally agree with Axe...but I have some tele's strictly for harder rock and you can't beat the 6 saddle for stability and ease of adjustment...IMO

Comment

http://store.guitarfetish.com/festbr.html
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Well, the body I have bought is :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI

I think is routed for a vintage bridge but I'm not sure.Actually, it only has the string holes. The bridge posts are not drilled.

I think I'm gonna buy one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
            Last edited by Norton; 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Looks like a winner! Are you going to have Musikraft put a finish on that body?

Comment

No, mother of a friend of mine is a painter.She knows stuff about that. I'm gonna get help from her for the finishing.It'll work fine, I guess.

Comment

So you are telling me that the bridge with the sides give you a better tone than the one without? I have this one http://store.guitarfetish.com/6savitebr.html sitting around on a MIM Tele without the sides. Or would the brass one give better tone? http://store.guitarfetish.com/wicotebrbrsa.html

Comment

This is the tele that I built it is hard to see in this pic but I think the 3 brass barrel saddle bridge is the best for pure tele tone.But as was said earlier not sure you are going for the tele sound or a harder one.Oh and also getting the intonation set on this bad boy is an art lol

Comment

I heard about the setting the intonation with the 3 brass barrel...

Comment

If you are wanting vintage tele tone go with the compesated 3 brass bridge, as far as the bridges I can't tell much difference in the tone between the open or the one with the sides.I like the open ones because the sides cut into my hand.
                        I tend not to palm mute when playing a tele because of this.
                        The last one I built I used the old style bridge with the threaded saddles.It sounded fine to me.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that the sides could make it unfomfortable to play,too.

Comment

Working...
                          X