Is this OFR pro genuine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this OFR pro genuine?

Gday just received a black OFR pro from ebay and want to make sure it's the real deal and not a licensed version. On the top of mine it says floyd rose "PRO" and on the block it says
    US. Pat 4 171 661
    US. Pat 4 497 236
    followed by a big

Also could anyone recommend me any video tutorials for installing a floyd. Specifically what kind of lubrication needs to be applied to the floyd and what parts need the lubrication (knife edges i think?)

thanks for any help and i'll be in the jcf chat room for a while in case anyone prefers a live method of communication.
    Last edited by thesoloist; 12-16-2007, 08:57 PM.

Take a look here http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679
    Last edited by z1n; 12-16-2007, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Also i recieved 2 extra screws with my floyd that i'm not quiet sure what there meant to be used for, they came with 2 washers with teeth. Heres a picture:

Comment

My chrome FRP came with the same block with the exact same numbers on it, and your pic shows it is definitely the FRP. The screws look like the ones for the nut, where the screws come through the back side of the neck and into the nut. Mine came with the newer style that just used two wood screws from the top of the neck.

If you have the studs and inserts for a licensed Floyd in your guitar now, the inserts you got with your FRP are just a bit larger. Make sure you resize your holes in the body to fit these or you may end up splitting your body when inserting them. I used a small sanding drum on my Dremel to open up the holes in my RR3 before installing them, and I coated them with Elmers Wood Glue when I put them in. Also, make sure the hole depth is enough for the new inserts, you don't want to install them and find out that they are too tall.

The inserts and screws for my old licensed Floyd were sloppy as hell and wobbled all over the place. Teflon tape may have tightened them up but I bet they still would have moved out of line doing that. That is why I used the FRP inserts, the threads are much tighter and there is almost no side to side play in them.

Comment

Originally posted by thesoloist View Post
          Also i recieved 2 extra screws with my floyd that i'm not quiet sure what there meant to be used for, they came with 2 washers with teeth. Heres a picture:

Those machine screws are for a "bolt through nut", old vintage style. If you have a shelf only, the wood screws hold the nut down (hopefully they are included as well in your "Kit"). Depending on who's selling these, the kits usually have both. On the other hand, outfits like Warmoth, come with bolt through machine screws only.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Also i recieved 2 extra screws with my floyd that i'm not quiet sure what there meant to be used for, they came with 2 washers with teeth.
            That's for necks with the 2 ugly holes behind the nut.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

thanks for the info. Yeah the kit came with the wood top mount screws as well so ill be using them. I'll let you know how it goes as i'm just about to start.

Comment

Old School

Comment

Working...
                X