Buzz Feiten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buzz Feiten?

I have an old book about guitars (I don't have access to a scanner, unfortunately) that talks about different experiment trying to make a 'perfect' guitar. There are some pictures showing different attempts at the task. One of them shows a guitar with angled frets. Only 12th fret is straight. Frets 1-11 are angled to the right, and 13-24 are angled to the left (that is facing the guitar in playing position). It looks a bit strange, but supposedly that is the way you should have your frets placed if you want an absolutly perfectly tuned guitar. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they made guitars like that, bur I guess most people don't cae anyway and it's probably pretty costy.
    I know it's sligtly off topic, but I thought some of you might wanna know...

Comment

Originally posted by The Chase:
      Wow! That guitar looks scary!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Frank Gambale swears by it and he's a former Buzz Feiten user. Even Steve Vai has it on one of his guitars so there is something to it. Once the company raises it's visibility some more and starts offering it on brands other than Yamaha there might be an intonation battle, sorta like where there was VHS vs. Beta.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

You know, I was thinking about it and came to a conclusion. Do I care if Ritchie Blackmore, David Gilmour or Randy were perfectly in tune? They are the ones that make me stunned and all of them were't even using floyds. Plus, when you play fast, the attention is not towards the very exact pitch. When you play slow, you're not gonna just fret it without any vibrato, right? So for soloists there is little to worry about. Just came to mind: those conservatory rats have guitars, too. Classical ones, without proper bridges and they don't rant.
        I do believe that if you're a pure rhythm player, you should pay attention to the intonation issue.

Comment

Washburn doesn't "own the rights" to the Buzz Feiten system. I won't go into the details, but any manufacturer can still use the Buzz Feiten system with Buzz's OK. And the Fetien system not only involves moving the nut forward but also tuning usuing a different temperament.

Comment

I would hate to think what would happen on that fretwave guitar if you tried to bend strings on those frets. Honestly, I play mostly rhythm, and sure my guitar is never in "perfect" tune, but it is damn close, and close enough for me. Who needs all these stupid gimmicks.

I am interested in graphtec nuts though.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

How better is the graph tech nut than a bone nut, given that you're using a non-trem guitar?

Comment

Working...
              X