dk1 pickup issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dk1 pickup issue

I read on this forum a few places where people have switched the positions of there pickups. Mine is now with the 85 at the bridge and the 81 at the neck. This is reverse from how I bought it. Before I switch it back I wanted to see if this is a pickup issue or maybe a amp issue. I use a Classic Peavey 50 212.
    The best way I can explain this is when playing on the distorted channel and play either middle strings open I get a "glassy?" sound. Deffently not what I use to get. However I cant repeat that sound with other guitars with my setup. Which leads me to think its my DK1. However the guitars are not active pickups so maybe the amp just isnt getting that sound. Hmm sorry for lack of tech terms but I really just play guitar and know very little about the mechanics of my equipment.
    The only thing that has happen that may have damaged any of my equipment was my Boss Eq pedal got unplugged while i was playing and it made a ugly pop sound in my amp. The pedal is run through my loop. I turned everything off. Plugged it back in and everything seemed to work. A few days later I noticed this sound but I had not been playing this song until that point so maybe this issue had been there all this time.
    Thanks
Working...
X