Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some licensed trem/OFR trem block info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some licensed trem/OFR trem block info...

Im sure this is common knowledge, but I figured Id put it out there anyway.

As we know, most licensed trems, aside from the Takeuchi, have shitty cast pot metal trem blocks.

The Takeuchi trem blocks are solid machined pieces, but are not interchangeable with other licensed trems and OFR's due to their mounting hole spacing.

However, OFR's share the same block design as the non-Takeuchi JT580LP's! So if youre looking for a bit more sustain but cant afford an OFR, you can order a solid brass OFR block for ~$10-15, and it will bolt right on.

This also goes for Schaller blocks as well... they are solid brass and will interchange with OFR's as well as the LT580LP's and JT500's.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

great piece of info there but I'd also like to point out if the Floyd copy's saddles are made our if cheaper metals the sustain block wont matter much. A lot of the floyd knock of saddles are cheap POS's. In my experience it was hit or miss in that regard. I found it better to buy used OFR's so you know exactly what you are getting.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

True, but for the lo-pro trems, you dont have much of a choice saddle wise... if you wanna keep the lo-pro, then your options are pretty limited.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

There has been a bunch of blocks on the bay latley but the sellers must think they are made of gold. All-Parts sells them for the $10-$15 mentioned.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
        X