Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for fast guitar painting services

Hello folks:

I'm trying to complete a guitar assembly project and right now need to have the guitar body painted. Could you please recommend a guitar painting service that would be reliable but reasonably fast? The cheaper the better too.

Thanks.

http://www.customairbrush.com/ Daneen does great work.
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I bet Maaco would paint one.
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by Econ View Post
        Hello folks:

I'm trying to complete a guitar assembly project and right now need to have the guitar body painted. Could you please recommend a guitar painting service that would be reliable but reasonably fast? The cheaper the better too.

Thanks.

What type of paintjob are you looking for?
        Setneck or bolt-on?

You need someone to disassemble, reassemble and setup?
        Or would you simply send the pieces out that need paint and do the rest yourself?

And what's your idea of "reasonably fast"?

Comment

What I need is to have a guitar body painted in nuclear yellow. The body has now hardware and is ready for shipment. My idea of reasonably fast would be 2-3 weeks. If the person would be willing to do some assembly, I'll be willing to ship out the parts and pay for that service. If not, I'll have someone at home do it. I'm looking for something like this.

Comment

I like this color too, but I guess this would be more difficult/expensive.

Comment

If it's a solid color, you MAY wanna speak to the local paint and body shops. Your gonna have to give it to them, ready to shoot, though. That means anything that isn't to be painted, either better be off the guitar, or masked. Earl Shibe would paint your friggin rims, tires, and glass, back in the day, if you didkn't have it prepped for paint! Yikes!
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

The body right now is ready to be painted. There is nothing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Econ View Post
                  The body right now is ready to be painted. There is nothing on it.
                  Racerx2k is right ...
                  Just because there's "nothing on it" doesn't necessarily mean it's ready to be painted.
                  Did you seal the grain?
                  Is it primed?
                  Is it sanded to provide "tooth" for a fresh coat of paint?

IMO, if you want a good looking paint job, it's going to have to start with a good, thorough body prep.
                  It's not likely that an auto body shop is going to do this for you.

Comment

Econ,
                    Marty Bell at www.martybellfinishing.com Marty is a 1 week turn around and he's very good. Contact him via the website or give him a call.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

There is way more to refinishing than just shooting paint.Grain filling,sealing, sanding,more sanding,block sanding,priming,more block sanding etc.Shooting the color,clear coating,wet sanding,buffing.WHEW!!!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                        Econ,
                        Marty Bell at www.martybellfinishing.com Marty is a 1 week turn around and he's very good. Contact him via the website or give him a call.
                        another vote for marty. he painted a body for me in a week, and when it was dented in shipping, he provided great service and took care of me.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                        X