YJM and H-3 with JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJM and H-3 with JB?

I'm putting together a warmoth strat and was hoping to get some advice on what pickups to put in it. It's routed HSS with an OFR - I've already got a JB and thinking of putting that in the bridge. I've heard a lot of good things about the Dimarzio YJM and H-3 for the neck and bridge - do you think those pickups would be too low output for the JB? And do you think they might be a good tonal match? Any advice and feedback(ha!) would be greatly appreciated!

I use those in my YJM, they may be too low output to compete with the JB. Maybe a Solo or Solo Pro would be better.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Solo Pro

Hey, thanks for the reply! I just read the description of the Solo Pro on the Dimarzio website and it sounds perfect for the neck! You think a Solo Pro in the neck and a Solo in the middle would be a good combo with the JB?

Comment

Hmm, on second reading of the Dimarzio site, I guess the Solo would be better in the neck, since it's a hotter pickup, with the Pro in the middle...?

Comment

sounds good, I use a solo pro in the bridge of my MIM and it is pretty cool!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
          X