Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Dimarzio equivalent of the SD JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Eh, I guess technically they're medium- high, but close enough. With high gain amps nowadays, you usually don't need pickups to have so much output anyway.
    You're damn right!But if soembody really plays more with harmonics ,it is usefull to have a high-output PU!
    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

Originally posted by jabezcruz View Post
      The Norton might be listed as a medium output pup, but it has a higher output than the JB. I had both in Model 3a's, and side-by-side, the Norton was louder.
      Seymour Duncan's can have more of a vintage/ old school flair, while DiMarzio's tend to be modern.
      Just out of curiosity, why don't more folks use the Norton over the Air Norton? It seems you would have more options just by rolling back the volumn on the Norton, and doing volumn swells and such for lead work.
      And for what it's worth, both the JB and Norton are two of my favorite pups.
      Yes!And DMZs are actually louder in the samde DC class than the SDs.
      I am not a fan of Norton or JB ,because i don't need tehm in my playing style!But every "production" PU has it's own user group ,and i likte that diversity!It makes music better and gives us more posibilities to enjoy it!
      Cheers!
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

Working...
      X