No announcement yet.

Wiring: H/S with 5-way & volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Newc, that's what I was trying to say with my little chart thing above. The ones with the '&' are hot together, but there is no contact across the commas in the chart. I was attempting to show the positions of the switch and the contacts that were connected in each position.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Ok, now I get what you're saying. 4 and 5 are your Outputs. Those are hot whenever any other contact is hot, so they're Outputs.

So like I said earlier, you need to wire it up like this:

1 Bridge Black (Green if the sound of the split bridge and the neck pickup sounds "quacky")
      2 Bridge Red & White if you want it split when both pickups are active
      3 Neck White
      4 Output to Knobs
      5 Output (jump to 4)
      6 Nothing
      7 Neck White so both Neck and Bridge are active in switch position 3.
      8 Nothing
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

OK cool. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page as to how the switch functioned. Thanks bro.
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Oops, I thought I had posted this in this thread... for anyone else like me who needs to have a picture drawn. LOL

Thanks again to the deserving. Pardon the thread resurrection. That is all.
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
          X