Floyd info for a USA Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd info for a USA Rhoads

Hey guys,excuse my ignorance here.I bought a project Rhoads with no hardware or pickups and had it painted.(96 Rhoads).I brought it to my tech to get setup.I had a few Duncans from my SL2H around so I told him to throw them in.I also had a OFR in my parts box and intended to use that.I get a phone call saying he has a problem,the trem block is the wrong size.Also,the strings are not lining up with the pole pieces and the floyd will bottom out if pulled back.Questions.

1)Proper size trem block for a Rhoads?
    2)Are these pickups alright for this guitar?
    3)Do I need different size allen bolts for the floyd,or do I need a different floyd?Thanks for any help.

1. Short, due to the recessed trem originally fitted.
    2. If your SL2H had a floyd then yes. They should be trem spaced.
    3. A recessed OFR will fit perfectly. Are you sure you have this:

Last edited by jackson1; 04-21-2006, 05:29 PM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I will need to check tomorrow when I go see him,it may possibly be a Schaller.Thanks for the help man,I really appreciate it and will let you know when I get this settled.

Comment

IMO, even if the pole pieces don't line up perfectly with the strings, it's no catastrophe. People used non trem-spaced pickups with trems for a long time before the trem-spaced humbucker appeared.

I hope it all works out for you!

Comment

Yeah, i've played several concerts with a non-trem spaced Screaming Deamon in my Kramer Floyd Rose Signature guitar!! I LIVED!
          Henrik

Comment

O.K.,I picked up the guitar from my tech.It is an original Floyd Rose and a USA Rhoads.He had to block the floyd because the string block screws extended past the recessed cavity and would touch the body if you pulled up a little more than a hair.I have looked at my other guitars and have a Schaller on one which is 1/2" shorter overall.I am figuring this is my answer but it is confusing me,I thought these guitars came with OFR.Also,does anyone know what size trem block to use,32,37,or 42?I am thinking 37.Thanks for any help.

Comment

Sounds like you need a Schaller. 32mm block for a recessed trem.

Comment

+1... most recessed Floyds use a 32mm block.
                The guitar may have been originaly built with a Schaller installed.
                Wouldn't have been the first time either... or the last.
                -Rick

Comment

Thanks,I am going to swap out the trems tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by prolead
                    I thought these guitars came with OFR.
                    What does it say on the baseplate?
                    Jackson?
                    Floyd Rose II?
                    Floyd Rose Original?

One of the first two, i bet.
                    Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                      The guitar may have been originaly built with a Schaller installed.
                      Wouldn't have been the first time either... or the last.
                      Yes, I second this. The Schaller - known as JT-590 - found its way onto lots of USA Jacksons around the early 90s. Also on Japanese high end Jacksons and toothepaste Charvels. Go read the thread Tremelo Info Project in this forum, I believe Henrik has it on his website also (click on MY GUITAR CABIN right above this post)
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X