What material is best for filling up holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What material is best for filling up holes

Wow this guitar is very drool-worthy. So basically you plugged those holes with similar wood to match the guitar? The round plugs don't distract from the rest of the guitar.

Comment

That came out great. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

When I have my guitar repainted, show I be removing the inserts for the trem posts? If so, how does these get removed. My guitar will be getting a new paint job w/graphic.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Talk about an Extreme Makeover! great job [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1!!!

Zerberus, did you repair that one yourself, or have it professionally done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both, I AM the professional.... just intentionally skimped on 2 or 3 spots to keep the character / remind of the past (most notably the holes for the stoptail and the thin red strip between neck PU and Neck) ... Had I gone all out you´d see nothing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
          When I have my guitar repainted, show I be removing the inserts for the trem posts? If so, how does these get removed. My guitar will be getting a new paint job w/graphic.

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]
          Nah.. you´ll run a greater risk of damaging teh finish if yyopu press them in afterwards IMO... I always put the inserts in then paint, because the paint chips off the threads quite easily anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Z: thanks for the advise. Sounds like that would work.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
            X