Floyd Rose Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floyd Rose Help...

Have you properly stretched your strings enough? Tune up to pitch, do some bends, pull the strings off the board, retune, keep doing that process until the strings don't go out of tune, then lock the nut.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also check the screws that hold the spring claw into the rear of the body. Even with 3 springs you should be able to use 11's but you may need to tighten the spring claw screws to increase spring pressure. And also what toejam said. As a last ditch effort, maybe you need to take it somewhere for a setup. I'd imagine for around 35 bucks someone could iron it out for you and save you some stress.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Woo just got another spring today, put it in and tuned it up and it can hold the tuning! So i guess it was just a little too much tension for three springs to handle.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Cool. I prefer the stiffer feel on the trem system when using 4 or 5 springs anyway, but there's no reason you shouldn't have been able to use 3. Kinda strange.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X