Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed Bridges: Warmoth vs. StewMac vs. Mighty Mite

Greetings to all of the tech wizards in the house,

I'm planning on changing a trem bridge guitar to a tunematic. Is there much difference in quality between the different bridge/tailpiece combos available? I can get a Mighty-Mite combo for $24 at Guitar Center or about $29+shipping at Warmoth (Gotoh) or Stewart MacDonald. Would the Gotoh branded one be any better/more durable than the Mighty-Mite? Also, Warmoth mentions a 1.5 - 3 degree neck angle is required. Even thought other websites does not mention that, can I assume that will be required on all makes? Finally, Stew-Mac offers bridges with normal posts or studs/bushings. Is there any major differences in terms of tone/stability? Thanks in advance for the help.

-Mike

Links:
    Warmoth
    -------
    Warmoth Gotoh

Stew-Mac
    --------
    Stew-Mac, standard posts
    Stew-Mac, studs/bushings

Mighty-Mite
    -----------
    web page

Re: Fixed Bridges: Warmoth vs. StewMac vs. Mighty Mite

Yes, this is a hot topic with Les Pauls, and the battle rages on as to what is best.

Join the Les Paul forum and read countless pages on steel studs vs. brass, zinc tailpieces vs. aluminum.

I suggest you look into pigtail music as this seems to be the hot setup at the moment.

Comment

Re: Fixed Bridges: Warmoth vs. StewMac vs. Mighty

Thanks Don!

I was afraid I'd get an answer like that. I guess I'll skim through the Les Paul forum a little and read about the pigtail setup...

-Mike

Comment

Working...
      X