Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is probably a stupid question, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is probably a stupid question, but...

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    When a cable is manufactured it is initially put into circular "rolls". Once you "unwind" the original roll it should never be rolled up again. Either keep it stretched out or buy a new cable. The stress that "re-rolling" puts on the internal cable structure (especially the ground shielding) breaks down the frequency translation abilities of the internal core, and can cause amp failures, crappy guitar tone, etc. I know this can get rather expensive for you guys that play out a lot, but I'm sure you make lots of money playing guitar so it's no big deal. I'm pretty sure that most of the "tone" complaints I read about on this forum are probably due to "re-rolled" cables, not the guitar wood, neck wood, crappy pickups, poor setup, amp tubes, etc. Hope this helps you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Huh! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Yea, It is true braided cable sheilding can break down, but after many fatigue cycles, like years. I have Conquest and Wrapper cables that are 25+ years old that have been coiled and re-coiled for all that time and I have no problems or loss of audio quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Re: This is probably a stupid question, but...

When I die and go to hell, I'll be untangling guitar cords for eturnity listening to "Have A Holly Jolly Chistmas' Over and over again.

This is just what I've had in my head for years, I hate untabgleing cords after a gig, I wrap them in a cirleular way like my air hose for my compresser
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
      X