No announcement yet.

I'm a retard, how do use GHS fast fret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a retard, how do use GHS fast fret?

Ok I bought this thing, now what to I have to do?
    There is a one stick and a piece of gloth, how the heck I should use 'em? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: I\'m a retard, how do use GHS fast fret?

That round wrapped up cloth end of the stick is impregnated with the oil for the strings. Just run it along the strings and wipe any excess off with the cloth.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

First, toss the stick in the garbage, then cover it with that piece of cloth so you can't see the stick... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Never been a fan hehe...

Comment

agreed. i see it's purpose, but i'd rather just change the strings. even when i used just a little bit of it, i didn't like the wessonality feel. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man, back when I used to actually play music in front of other people, I used to go through fast fret like my drummer went through strippers.

If you use it consistently, your strings will last much longer. Rub it on before you play and take off the excess with the little rag. Before you put your guitar back in the case, rub it on but don't wipe it off.

Comment

just wipe your strings with a cloth after you play every time. and change your strings once a week.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I sure wouldn't use it as often as they recommend. Which is basically before and after every single damn time you play. Good marketing there on their part to sell more product. I use it pretty sparingly. I never put it on before I play. Like Sully mentioned it has a "wessonality" about it. It's just mineral oil. It's great for keeping strings in a newer condition if they aren't frequently played. That and protecting from humidity. I try to get around to playing every one of the axes I have. But there are a couple that don't see frequent use and sit in the case. So this crap keeps the strings from drying out to much and oxidizing. My main player probably gets a dose about once a month. If that even. Just wipe the strings down with that cloth after every time you play. When the strings start feeling kind of stiff or dry give it another shot of the stick part.
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

the stick feels dry, is it suppose to be like that? I'm not sure that I feel the oil with my fingers... it has a interesting smell tho [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I thought it was silicone based?

Comment

Nope no silicone. Just the oil. You could just buy mineral oil and throw it on. I don't like getting the crap all over the fretboard and pickups though. So the applicator is pretty good for that at least. And it puts it on more sparingly.

Endrik it would appear dry. It's not. If it is you got robbed. I just run the flat part of the applicator up and down the length of the strings like 2 or 3 times. You should feel it then.

edited so Ron couldn't post.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Cheaper to just eat potatoe chips and play your guitar...

Comment

Hey it works, thanks man!
                        The only reason I bought this is because my sweat causes super fast corrosion, when I put the new strings on I can play 2-3 days, then the strings are losing the tone big time. One thing tha really annoyes me is that the high E string on the 12th fret strats to sound like a mosquito. A little bit later it's the same thing on 11th and 13th fret, and it goes until the who string sound like a mosquito.
                        I hope that this fast fret will help my strings last longer because I hate changing strings.

Comment

i prefer lizard spit myself
                          www.lizardspit.com
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Cheaper to just eat potatoe chips and play your guitar...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if your buying the chips from the machine at my job.
                            65 cents for about 4 lousy chips. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also you can just pour some more Mineral Oil in a shallow container and place the applicator in there to soak up a bunch more.
                            We must!
                            We must!
                            The bigger the better!
                            The tighter the sweater!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If you use it consistently, your strings will last much longer. Rub it on before you play and take off the excess with the little rag. Before you put your guitar back in the case, rub it on but don't wipe it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 That's exactly how I use it and what I have found. Strings get crudy from the oils from your fingers, and it seems the Fast Fret counteracts and nutralizes the corrosion effects of the finger oils, making the strings (and even fingerboard) stay cleaner and last longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X