Fixing out-of-phase pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing out-of-phase pickups?

Ya know, when you pop in a new bridge pickup and it goes out-of-phase with the neck pickup when you have the toggle in the middle position and gives you that funky "wah pedal half-cocked" sound. Anyone know the fix for this? I used to know how to do this a long time ago, but there have been oh-so-many beers since then. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Fixing out-of-phase pickups?

Swap the hot with the ground. If you have either 2 wire or 4 wire pickups, unsolder the wire going to the ground and the wire going to the pot and reverse them. The tap wires on a 4 wire don't need to be touched. It's a little trickier if you have a single wire and a braided shield.

Comment

i believe you can also unscrew the bobbins & reverse the magnet.

Comment

J - That's also a possibility if the pickups are magnetically out of phase and not electrically out of phase.

Comment

cool how can u tell the differnce of which type of out of phase it is?

Comment

Like poles repel, opposites attract.

If the out-of-phase pickup is a Duncan, swap the green and black wires.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X