MIdi help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIdi help please.

Alright i have a 5150 and a Boss GX-700 rackmount fx unit crerating a good sound for me. Is there a way I can use a Midi controller to channel switch my 5150 for me so i don't have to use that crappy foot switch that came with my 5150 head. I like the Roland FC-200 but can it be hooked up to do this for me. Thanks
    This space for rent

Re: MIdi help please.

If the Roland foot switch has an amp channel selection jack (some floor pedals do), or the 5150 has a MIDI Input, yes.
    If not, no.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: MIdi help please.

5150 doesn't do midi, so your only options are

1) a Behringer FCB1010 midi controller with 2 switching jacks on it
      2) a processor, like a G-Major or one of the Rocktron units with a channel switching jack built into it
      3) an Axess Electronics (www.axess-electronics.com) CFX4 Function Switcher that is a midi controlled switcher, or something else along those lines like a DMC GCX.

The short answer is there is no easy way (unless your processer has a controller jack, which it may, but I'm not familiar with it).

Comment

Working...
      X