Locking Tuner Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Tuner Recommendations?

I want to replace the stock tuners on my KVX10 with some locking ones, but I don't want to do any drilling or anything to invasive.

Any recommendations? I'd prefer the same look for the tuning key, so no giant LSR's sticking out the top of the headstock.

How about the Schaller M-6 locking tuners? Would they fit?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Locking Tuner Recommendations?

I don't know about the Schaller M-6's, but the Planet Wave's go right on in place of the Jackson tuners.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I was under the impression that Planet Waves locking tuners still needed holes drilled for the pins. If that's not the case, then I'll be annoyed at being told that and then going with Sperzels.

Oh well, the Sperzels are working out slick...
      sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I was under the impression that Planet Waves locking tuners still needed holes drilled for the pins. If that's not the case, then I'll be annoyed at being told that and then going with Sperzels.

Oh well, the Sperzels are working out slick...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Planet Waves use screws in the "stock" Jackson/Charvel or (Schaller/Gotoh) tuner locations. The Planet Waves do not use pins. The Sperzels use the "locater" hole under the body of the machine for pins. Both work, and Sperzels and Planet Waves are great. Planet Waves also cut the string automatically when you start tuning up.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sperzel are the best, Schallers are also very good, but I suggest to avoid Grovers...on my Burns Brian May they don't keep the guitar in tune.
          '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
          '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
          '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '92 Fender Strat scallop
          '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
          '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
          X