Whats so bad about Kahlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats so bad about Kahlers?

I had a Parker Fly, and I absolutely hated the trem on it. It never stayed in tune, was a PITA to intonate, and my heavy right hand would constantly knock the strings off the saddles.

Kahlers may have a larger footprint, but they most certainly do not take more space. The amount of wood that is routed out of the guitar for a Floyd is nuts. How many times have you seen someone do a pull up on a Kahler and rip the bridge off the top of the guitar? I've seen TONS of Floyd studs ripped out of tops from whammy abuse.

Why do we get involved in these religious debates? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      As said above, Friedman and Mustaine used Kahlers for a long time. Mustaine's so-so, but Friedman smokes everybody you named.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Yeah, but they used the fixed bridge models. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry King, Brian May, Steve Lynch, Sambora, the guys from Judas Priests, Phil Collen, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and others were all using the fixed bridge? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And all of the them are nobody compared to EVH and David lynch... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

What's wrong with Kahlers? Nothing! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Just...some players like them, some others dont'...just a matter of tast, and I think it would be wise to recognize it in order to avoid holy wars on it... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
      '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
      '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '92 Fender Strat scallop
      '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
      '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I like the Kahler Pro trems a lot, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement Kahler lock nut in Gold. Please PM me if you can help out!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          As said above, Friedman and Mustaine used Kahlers for a long time. Mustaine's so-so, but Friedman smokes everybody you named.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, but they used the fixed bridge models. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry King, Brian May, Steve Lynch, Sambora, the guys from Judas Priests, Phil Collen, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and others were all using the fixed bridge? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          What the hell are you talking about?!? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] He mentioned about Marty and Dave, and I said THEY used the fixed bridge version of the Kahler. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What the hell are you talking about?!? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] He mentioned about Marty and Dave, and I said THEY used the fixed bridge version of the Kahler. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about the people who are using kahlers, since your point is "since VH and Lynch (from Dokken) weren't using kahlers they are bad tremolos"... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
            '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
            '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '92 Fender Strat scallop
            '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
            '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

yeah look at that huge assed route ..

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, almost as wide as a pickup... absolutely huge compared to a Floyd rout... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

on a side note I was bored so I machined a plate to lock the kahler pros to hartail. I've read a lot of people that have kahlers don't mind them because they don't use the bar.APM 3310's are a bitch to find and there are a lot of kahlered guitars out there. It got me to thinking about blocking mine.
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about the people who are using kahlers, since your point is "since VH and Lynch (from Dokken) weren't using kahlers they are bad tremolos"... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    When did I ever say that about VH or Lynch anywhere in this thread?!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You need to pay attention more. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's true, I don't care for Kahlers, but never did I even say it in this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Here\'s the locking plate ..

Works great and bolts right in where the springs were ..

Comment

Re: Here\'s the locking plate ..

<font color="aqua">my design is close to that, but mine mounts to the tensioning hole... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          <font color="aqua"> but mine mounts to the tensioning hole... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

fun with context! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              <font color="aqua">my design is close to that, but mine mounts to the tensioning hole... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it this way so you only had to remove the springs, it's an easy bolt in and it's nice and solid ..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it this way so you only had to remove the springs, it's an easy bolt in and it's nice and solid ..

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Absolutely, I wasn't implying anything, just that is what funny that we were fairly close in design. </font>
                                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X