Floyd intonation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd intonation problem

Hey guys & gals just set my guitar up for a set of 12's to 56's & tuned down to C. Anyway the intonation was way out so i decided to move the saddles to improve it. Now i came across a problem the fretted note at the 12th fret was sharp the harmonic was spot on. so moved the saddles back to bring it up to pitch. My problem is that the 12th fret note is still slightly flashing as sharp on both tuners i used & the saddle is that far back it nearly scratches the rear routingso i can't move it anymore.Mind you all of the other strings needed shortening in this way & are nearly touching the rear routing.when looking at the bridge all the saddles run parallel in a straight line which ive never experienced before.I think the problem could be when i put these new strings on i never had the appropriate angle on the floyd in other words the string was long before i adjusted the intonation. does this sound like the reason for the saddles being too far back for the intonation to be correct.

Re: Floyd intonation problem

usually when drop tuning you need to make a truss rod adjustment to the neck so it will stay flat under the new tension. this will cause you to have to re-intonate the guitar. but will probably solve your issue.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'm having the same problem with one of my Hamers (Schaller Floyd) and unless the previous owner used it for lower tunings/heavier strings, I can't see why this would be. I have it set up with 10s at standard tuning, which is how it was when I bought it...used...at Guitar Center.

Hell, there's the problem right there. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
      sigpic

Comment

<font color="aqua"> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] don't you hate when you have those "revelatiobns" while typing? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
        X