• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Fusion professional PRO

You have to give or take a little for the angle

Added: Plus I'm hooked to the top of the 12th fret

20220827_085319_HDR[1].jpg

20220827_084547[1].jpg
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-27-2022, 09:56 AM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

What the F are ciceros?

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
        What the F are ciceros?
        A cicero is an obsolete unit of measurement used in typography equal to 1/6 of the historical French inch and is divided into 12 points, known in English s French or Didot points. It is equal to 4.5 mm. It is similar in length to an English pica.

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Another subtlety is fine tuners.

As mine is a NON LP, when i set fine tuners very unscrewed, i can intonate further.
          Because saddles are more inclined, and will not touch the base of the back plate.

But i'm used to lower fine tuners ... that's why they created LoPro in the first place

I will compare JP580 and Schaller dimensions soon.
          Especially middle stud to minimal/maximal saddle string breakpoint.
          Jackson JS32-7Q
          w/ D Sonic 7
          DADDARIO EXL120 9-42 + DADDARIO NW060 Drop A

Jackson Dinky Professional 1993 (dive only)
          w/ EMG bridge
          Daddario EXL117 11-56 Drop C

Comment

Originally posted by Pipotron3000 View Post
            Saddles are changed on THIS Schaller i bought : they are "Edge Pro" like.
            You can put strings with balls.
            Remember : he is a luthier and create his own "blends"
            Like added brass 37mm block.

See this picture to understand (see : no blocks)

Your "luthier" didn't create anything new. Some people have put the ball ends of strings in there before, but that is dumb, as you're essentially turning a double-locking trem system into single-locking. If you like using your trem and staying in tune, please cut the balls ends and put the blocks back in as intended.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

keeping the ball end is the worst thing you can do for tuning stability. that's the number one reason the kahler cam system is not as stable as a floyd rose (the behind-the-nut lock and roller saddles have much lower impact on tuning). I still prefer the cam system for other reasons, but no one can deny the double locking system is the kind of stability.

I so wish someone would build a double locking system for the kahler cam. it must be possible.
              Last edited by metalhobo; 08-28-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'd go with a schaller. I too have kahlers and two point bridges that keep the ball ends on and they're not real stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipotron3000 View Post
                  Schaller on the way !!!
                  Here are some guitar pictures :
                  I am unsure if anyone has indicated to you that your locknut is installed 180 degrees the wrong way. This won't solve your intonation / scale length problem but I imagine this may affect tuning stability, downward pressure on the nut even with the locking clamps installed, and action at the first fret and other low frets (it may be too low).
                  Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-29-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

The nut isn't actually installed, but it is facing the wrong way.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      The nut isn't actually installed, but it is facing the wrong way.

Yeah, it's sitting on the board which would really screw everything up You're right though, I highly doubt he doesn't know it's flipped and not installed!

Comment

No it was just a bad picture

As a side note, i shimmed the nut around 0.2 mm.
                        Before that, strings marks on left edge of 2 first frets.
                        Now it is perfect.

I'm surprised nut is in pure steel, not aluminium.
                        Jackson JS32-7Q
                        w/ D Sonic 7
                        DADDARIO EXL120 9-42 + DADDARIO NW060 Drop A

Jackson Dinky Professional 1993 (dive only)
                        w/ EMG bridge
                        Daddario EXL117 11-56 Drop C

Comment

Haha oops, that's what I get for not looking closely enough at the picture, and jumped to conclusions. Somewhat out of character for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X