Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tried Helicoils to repair stripped intonation screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried Helicoils to repair stripped intonation screws?

I have a couple of early nineties era Charvel/Jackson Fusions with the old Jackson JT-590 licensed Floyd's. I already had to replace one of them due to stripped intonation screws and now the other one is also on it's way out. Has anybody ever tried Helicoils for this type of repair?

https://www.stanleyengineeredfasteni...ptia/heli-coil

Any other good options for repair short of replacing with an OFR? Trying to keep these guitars original.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I think i saw either that or similar being used maybe even at this board. Also i dont think originality matters that much when it comes to jacksons and charvels or maybe thats just me.
    Id rather get a charvel with a changed schaller or changed baseplate than an original that might be stripped.

I also remember reading that just longer screws might do the trick.

Comment

Yes, people have used helicoils here before on those old Schaller baseplates. Schaller has since fixed the problem with reinforced baseplates on their newer trems, so picking up a newer one is an option.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! As the cheapest solution, if I try the Helicoils, does anybody know the correct thread size?

Comment

I did not use Helicoils, I used these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-LOK-...53-3/304617109
          My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

THANKS! Are these the correct thread size for those Home Depot inserts for use in the intonation screw threads?
            Last edited by Ricey; 06-17-2022, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X