Floyd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd question

I’m wanting to swap the licensed floyd on my js32 arch top to a real floyd. Any particular model I should be looking at? Which neck lock should I be looking for, the R3?

Originally posted by Flemgunner View Post
    I’m wanting to swap the licensed floyd on my js32 arch top to a real floyd. Any particular model I should be looking at? Which neck lock should I be looking for, the R3?
    FRT-1000 are the exact same metal and design as an OFR but cheaper because they're made in Korea instead of Germany. No brainer there if your route will fit it.
    R3 is the most common nut size but it might be too tall as Jackson's don't use floyd nuts on certain models. You can always file your shelf down though, pretty simple.

Measure you nut! theres a chart on this link

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...m-width-chrome
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 02-11-2022, 11:11 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

For an easier installation (really just a quick swap), I would keep using the stock nut and stock trem posts/studs as there is really no reason to change them unless they are abused, and only swap out the stock bridge for the replacement bridge. The replacement bridge can be:

- 1000 Series Floyd like John recommended above;
      - Original Floyd Rose
      - Schaller Lockmeister (essentially an OEM Original Floyd Rose)
      - Gotoh GE1996T (verify measurements first)

Comment

Cool thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          For an easier installation (really just a quick swap), I would keep using the stock nut and stock trem posts/studs as there is really no reason to change them unless they are abused, and only swap out the stock bridge for the replacement bridge. The replacement bridge can be:

- 1000 Series Floyd like John recommended above;
          - Original Floyd Rose
          - Schaller Lockmeister (essentially an OEM Original Floyd Rose)
          - Gotoh GE1996T (verify measurements first)
          This right here. No need to replace the nut or the posts unless you just gotta, wanna, needa...

Comment

The FR special and the 1000 series use the same trem posts/studs and the same nut so like others have said not reason to change them.
            1000 Series/Special Series Bridge Mounting Studs and Inserts – Floyd Rose
            1000 Series/Special Locking Nut – Floyd Rose

Comment

Working...
            X