Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-100/J-90 with JE-1200

Hi everyone !

I own a 1990 Jackson fusion pro that was modified by its previous owner, who removed the original pickups and preamp to put EMGs. I'm not a big fan of these pickups, so I would like to change.
    I know the original has J200/J50BC with JE-1500, but I found an opportunity to buy two J100 and a J90, and since I have a spare JE-1200, I wondered if pairing it with these pickups would be a good idea. I know it depends on many other things, and it's also a matter of personnal taste, but if someone tried it, I'm curious to know your feeling.
    And also, how does the J90 compare to the J90C ? I own a Charvel 375 exotic with two J100 and one J90C, and I love it, but I never tried the J90 with alnico magnets.

Thank you for reading me !

At the moment, it is escaping me if I ever had any 100's.
    But the 1200 pairs nicely with a 90 and the 200.

If the 200 is simply a stacked version of the 100, shouldn't the only difference be the single coil hum on the 100? Maybe some extra output on the 200 due to the "2nd coil"?

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      If the 200 is simply a stacked version of the 100, shouldn't the only difference be the single coil hum on the 100? Maybe some extra output on the 200 due to the "2nd coil"?
      It makes sense, by this logic it should work !

and if you say je J90 works well with the JE-1200, I think I'll give it a try ! Thank you !

Comment

[QUOTE=pianoguyy;n2546436]At the moment, it is escaping me if I ever had any 100's.
        But the 1200 pairs nicely with a 90 and the 200.
        If the 200 is simply a stacked version of the 100, shouldn't the only difference be the single coil hum on the 100? Maybe some extra output on the 200 due to the "2nd coil"?[/QUOTE}

The Jackson J-100 is an alnico V single coil pickup made in the USA by Jackson. They are modeled after the authentic vintage single coil pickups used by Fender in the late 50's and early 60's. They are copper shielded to reduce electromagnetic interference. Specifications are:

Sr:6.10KHz
        Z :1.7MOhms
        Inductance:2.6 Henries
        Output Level :+48.9dB

HideSpecifications
        Pickup type:
        Single Coil
        Manufacturer:
        Jackson
        Magnet:
        Alnico 5
        Active:
        Passive
        Strings:
        Made in:
        United States
        DC Resistance:
        6.10k Ohm
        Cover color:
        Black

J-200

The Jackson J-200 is a dual coil, bi level humbucking pickup in a single coil format. It's designed for use with Jackson's active circuitry. The pickup itself is passive.

Specifications are:
        • Sr : 9.90 Khz
        • Inductance (in Henries): 2.4
        • Output level:+44.1dB
        • Resistance: 11.65 Kohms
        HideSpecifications
        Pickup type:
        Humbucker
        Manufacturer:
        Jackson
        Magnet:
        Alnico 5
        Active:
        Passive
        Strings:
        Made in:
        United States
        DC Resistance:
        11.65k Ohm
        Resonant Peak:
        9.90KHz
        Cover color:
        Black
        Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-20-2021, 02:40 PM.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
        X