2005 San Dimas Reissue refinish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 San Dimas Reissue refinish?

It has been probably ten years since I posed here. Hope all the old crew is still alive! Haha I've got a 2005 USA Charvel San Dimas reissue that is an absolute basket case. I'd like to get it refinished mainly because the headstock plastic delaminated and looks like ass, which also tore off part of the Charvel logo. The body has also seen better days. Any suggestions on who can do a pro refinish and replace the logo? The current one is missing part of the "C" so it is unsalvageable. Thanks.

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
    It has been probably ten years since I posed here. Hope all the old crew is still alive! Haha I've got a 2005 USA Charvel San Dimas reissue that is an absolute basket case. I'd like to get it refinished mainly because the headstock plastic delaminated and looks like ass, which also tore off part of the Charvel logo. The body has also seen better days. Any suggestions on who can do a pro refinish and replace the logo? The current one is missing part of the "C" so it is unsalvageable. Thanks.
    If you would rather sell it, let me know
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

If you would rather sell it, let me know
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

+1
        Yeah, I've already had one and got rid of it for some reason.
        Probably the neck was not a good fit.
        If it looks like the one I traded below, I'd probably buy it

USA RE Issue San Dimas.jpg
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

It is definitely something I'm open to, but there are a number of issues with this guitar. Let's just say it wasn't Charvel's finest hour. lol. I'm the original owner, bought it from AMS in early 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Yeah, I've already had one and got rid of it for some reason.
            Probably the neck was not a good fit.
            If it looks like the one I traded below, I'd probably buy it

USA RE Issue San Dimas.jpg
            That's exactly like mine! Black with maple board.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post

That's exactly like mine! Black with maple board.
              Well, if you don't want to put a grand in it just to have it be worth what it would be or lower Depending on how bad of shape it's in I have some trade stuff too

Comment

Working...
              X