Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20210522_092430_HDR.jpg

original floyd post (80's style)
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

model 6 and predator.jpg Model six with a Floyd on it using JT-6 post. Does that mean his didn't come with a floyd ...No but it does make it questionable if JT-6's were not available in 86
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-22-2021, 11:12 AM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        Model six with a Floyd on it using JT-6 post. Does that mean his didn't come with a floyd
        I didn't say that

in fact the last part of my post is suggesting that it's conceivable jackson would use those posts (if they were available) if the OFR posts were not provided.
        Last edited by metalhobo; 05-22-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
          jt-6 came out in 1987
          There is a probable cause for the fact it has JT-6 part's. It was order at one location and finished at another, 86 was a busy year full of changes. The person that posted this most interesting debate never answered if it had a kahler nut. That would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            The person that posted this most interesting debate never answered if it had a kahler nut. That would be very helpful.
            Agreed!

Comment

Here's a couple of photos of the nut. Kahler or Floyd ?

i1605-x.JPG i1608-x.jpg

Comment

That is a floyd nut. And it looks original based on those 2 images.
                But it is interesting that it says Jackson R, which didn't start until Ontario.

Comment

i1602-x-sn J262x-Glendora-1986.jpg
                  Serial number falls in San Dimas range: 1986 San Dimas RR1755-RR1929 J1540-J2799 JA0001-JA0011 (from Jackson website). With regard to JT-6 bridge- should have Jackson logo. Don't know why it has JT-6 posts but I suspect the seller may have removed the original bridge to use on another guitar and mine got whatever crap he had laying around. Just speculating.

Comment

Since the nut is chrome maybe it came with the chrome Floyd. My question is: Is there anything wrong with the bridge functionally? If not unless I just wanted a black bridge I wouldn't change it. I'd just change the arm to the new style as I'm not a fan of the original screw in ones. I've never owned a Jt-6 but from what I read on here a German OFR is probably an upgrade.

Comment

DSC00091.jpg
                      This is how an 86 headstock would look. tm, made in usa starting under the end of the o in Jackson. I've never even seen a made in usa like the one on that soloist.

Yeah, it may have been order in 86 but it wasn't finished in 86. Which would give you the right serial and all the wrong other stuff. It would NOT have an R . there are sites that explain all this I believe even audiozone does.

I'd just put a silver floyd on it if there's something the matter with it (the floyd)
                      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-23-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

SANY2924.jpg

Even the cases had TM on them in 86

100_2138_zps0ea82ebb.jpg
                        This isn't an 86

Comment

yeah. the headstock on my 1987 strat (ontario) looks exactly like OP's in this thread, which I would agree points to OP's not being finished until then.

and hence, even if the jt-6 wasn't available at the time of order, jt-6 parts such as the posts could have been used during assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                            yeah. the headstock on my 1987 strat (ontario) looks exactly like OP's in this thread, which I would agree points to OP's not being finished until then.

and hence, even if the jt-6 wasn't available at the time of order, jt-6 parts such as the posts could have been used during assembly.
                            mine is a 86(white with white) strat the other is a soloist 87-88
                            What's funny is the guy owned this for 11 years and he didn't know his nut was a floyd nut.
                            Some of the 86 soloist even had the Made in usa cut off when putting binding on them. So, there are soloist out there that unless the person has a build sheet that look like an import but with the correct serial of an usa 86 soloist.

I think this is a person that's wanting to sell something and came to ask the exsquirts about it.
                            This place would have been hopping 4-5 years ago and probably would have insisted on pic's right away, before assuming anything is anything. I'm not an expert, I only know about things because I've owned them and have posted them here and read what the real experts have to say.
                            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-23-2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

If memory serves me...since '86 was a transitional year, there are examples of both TM's and R's for that year.
                              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                                If memory serves me...since '86 was a transitional year, there are examples of both TM's and R's for that year.
                                there are no R 's that came out before the move to ontario there was some tm's on a few with the same story order before and finished after.
                                Jackson became a registered brand in 1987.
                                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-24-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X