Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you fill like a nut

20210519_190628_HDR.jpg

And sometimes you have to fill nut holes. I've found wood glue and tooth picks work pretty well. just an FYI
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

why does that guitar have strings on it with no nut?

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      I would guess... slack the strings and take off the nut is easier than removing the strings.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

I would guess... slack the strings and take off the nut is easier than removing the strings.

Correct. I didn't need to waste strings until its setup good. I live in the middle of now where and only have one set left.

You don't need to take the strings off anyway. i actually just propped the bridge up and used my hand to pull the strings up. It's all done now, I just need to find the correct locking blocks for this nut I found. The others look small. Minor detail.

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
          20210520_194434_HDR.jpg
          20210520_194503_HDR.jpg

tools and materials used to fill old nut holes. I used a Dremel and 6/64th drill bit for the new hole and as you can see nuts on and I need to find the locking blocks for it as the old one look small. They hold though, I'll come up with them when not searching through boxes of parts.

Comment

Working...
          X