Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd rose string spacing question

Hi guys,
    i have used Charvel guitars for about 5 years.
    I always had Floyd Rose equipped guitars.
    I love the Floyd Rose Bridge!

A month ago I bought an Affinity series Squier Telecaster and I noticed the strings spacing is more "narrow" than the Floyd Rose one.
    I noticed I play faster and more comfortably all guitars having a "narrow" spacing bettween strings.

So, my question is: can I mod my Charvel Pro Mod So Cal in order to have a more "narrow" spacing bettween strings?
    A friend of mine suggested me to replace my locking nut with a different one having a different string spacing.

Please advice.

Thank you and keep rockin'!

Floyd's have 2 spacing measurements.

0.420 inch and 0.400 inch.

OFR [ Original Floyd Rose ] is 0.420.

The Pro Series is 0.400

It might be possible to get a Pro Series in
    0.420, I don't remember right off hand.

Hang in there. Someone will have more precise information and include the lock nut information also.
    Last edited by JJ119; 02-06-2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

But the bigger question is -
      Is it the FR (and nut), or is it other aspects of the guitars.

For example: a 25.5" scale length with a 7" radius on (some) Fender guitars is far different than the 12-16" compound radius of a Jackson, both of which are different than the 24.75" scale length of a 12" radius Gibson.

Comment

Ok I understand...

Can I change the neck to a 9.5" one and still use the floyd rose bridge?

Thank you.

Luca

Comment

should be able to use an aftermarket 9.5 25.5 scale neck with a little set up and shimming. if a used neck you will probably have to plug and redrill neck plate screw holes

Comment

Working...
          X