I bought a Peterson Strobo Tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a Peterson Strobo Tuner

Helluva a deal on Craigs. Have not used it yet but I downloaded and printed the manual. Do you guys have one? Ever used one? Anything I should know? Thanks. Looking forward to having my guitars intonated, without paying some guy.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

They make lots of different ones, which model did you get?

Comment

Comment

oh neat, I would have thought you meant an electronic stomp tuner or something.

I've always wanted one of those benchtop mechanical strobes. not because the digital strobe feature on my polytune isn't accurate enough for me, just because they look cool

Comment

Yeah, cash is tight and with four Floyded guitars and a Chibson project, I want to do this stuff myself. My next purchase will be a soldering iron - I got pickups that need to be swapped out.

Comment

The best my guitar ever sounded was after I had it intonated on one of those high end Petersons.

I've got the Peterson Strobo clip on tuner now.
            It has 'Sweeteners' that automatically fine tune the strings similar to what many of us do by ear after using a regular tuner.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have the 490 and a bunch of their digital ones. The 490 is very accurate, but the manual (last updated in 2003) leaves a lot to be desired. It’s like it was written by the engineer after he knew how to work it. It takes some close squinting sometimes to tell if the bands have stopped rotating and I found the +2/-1 button sometimes helps to better be able to see if the band has stopped moving. Naturally it is best for intonation, and will take some time since it is so exact, but will be worth it in the end. What I was also doing to help, was to run the “thru” output from the 490 into my Peterson Strobostomp HD as I could quickly use that as a reference to compare to the spinning wheel of the 490. Lately, instead of the 490, I’ve been just using the Strobostomp HD by itself. Easier to read and doesn’t take me as long, and seems pretty darn accurate too.

Comment

Working...
              X