Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you adjust the poles on a Jackson J-100 single coil neck pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you adjust the poles on a Jackson J-100 single coil neck pickup?

I recently picked up a Charvel 3DR and the poles on the J-100 neck pickup look to have been raised up in the past. I especially think the "G" string pole needs lowered. I tried my Google Fu last night but couldn't find anything other than old Fender style single coil pickups without screws generally weren't made to be adjusted and if you tried you could damage the pickup.

So is there any way to adjust the poles on a Jackson J-100 single coil or is it "it is what it is"?

Last edited by Razor; 01-13-2021, 05:10 PM.

I do not know if you are supposed to but I have moved them before with firm pressure. I have to ask though are you adjusting for looks or sound? If for looks I would leave it be, they are purposly set like that from the factory, all the guitars I have with those pickups look just like yours. except for the lack of the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
      I do not know if you are supposed to but I have moved them before with firm pressure. I have to ask though are you adjusting for looks or sound? If for looks I would leave it be, they are purposly set like that from the factory, all the guitars I have with those pickups look just like yours. except for the lack of the cover.
      At first I thought the poles looked off especially with the pickup cover off of it. I've gotten her strung up today and it sounds fine so I'm going to leave it be. My initial thought was that it just didn't look right but it's my first single coil neck pickup like that so I was overthinking it I reckon. I'm mostly a one or dual humbucker kind of guy so that contributes to why I initially thought it looked off. After poking around some more I found that most of them looked like that so I figured it was the factory setup.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X