OLD parts Charvel 750XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD parts Charvel 750XL

Im trying to find 2 tremolo posts for an early 90s 750XL. These are oddball because they are about 8mm diameter , compared to the usual "floyd" size which is around 5 or 6mm . I found some larger posts but they are for some oddball Kahler that doesnt have a "knife edge " type slot . Anyone know where i can find these ? Heres a pic of a regular post vs the large --

(since no one with actual knowledge has piped in yet...)

the 750XLs are supposed to have the jt-590 bridge (schaller), right? is it possible they're jt6 posts? (which I think are supposed to be larger)

Comment

Someone put a FU-Tone bridge on it. Not sure what the stock one was. I did find some decent posts today....they are oddballs that came on some early 90s , late 80s Charvels

Comment

frets on the net
        is a good source for Jackson parts. - new, not used.

www.fretsonthenet.com

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          frets on the net
          is a good source for Jackson parts. - new, not used.

www.fretsonthenet.com
          he doesn't have any posts listed for sale on his site anywhere (anymore), but yes he is a great resource and might have spares of stuff not listed, or even just helpful info. so, yes, OP should definitely contact him via email. I just ordered some other stuff from him yesterday and he answered my email in a couple hours.

Comment

Your guitar may have modified posts, though I don't know why you'd bother they would not need upgrading if they original as they are the real deal Floyd parts wise, and can be swapped for new ones quite easily.

It is possible your guitar came with a JT-6 and was a bit transitional, but it would be an early guitar with a C8XXXXX serial number. Failing that, a previous owner has messed with the posts.

Comment

Some 750XLs came with those i assume JT-6 posts who knows why maybe they were getting rid of old parts. At some point they switched to the schaller style posts. As far as I know they never used the JT-6 trems but JT-590s on these.

Comment

Working...
              X