Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ed
    replied
    Also i would check the pickup height. If the strings are too close to the pickups the pickups can pull the string out of tune when intonating i had this happen once before.

Leave a comment:

• tanpsi
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    If you haven't done so already, I would try adjusting the action and neck relief in order to fix the intonation before I make a permanent change to the bridge (lowering the action and/or decreasing relief will flatten the intonation). also what gauge of string and tuning are you using?
    Standard tuning and 0.42 on the low E, weird because I guess this usually happened with heavier strings down tuned. The action is a little high on one of them because of a couple high frets, I do need to address, but the lower one is a little sharp as well. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• tanpsi
    replied
    Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
    The term would be “drill and tap” for the machinist. If you move the saddle back further, would it be contacting the sloping piece of the backplate and not be able to move? See the section in this link about intonation, has a pick of what I’m talking about. You’d have to make sure that the saddle can still have some adjustment by the fine tuner and that there still is a spot to drill and tap a new hole/threads
    http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Thanks!, yup, I already filed some of the saddle that you mentioned but it reached the end of the screw, so I'll look into that.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    If you haven't done so already, I would try adjusting the action and neck relief in order to fix the intonation before I make a permanent change to the bridge (lowering the action and/or decreasing relief will flatten the intonation). also what gauge of string and tuning are you using?
    Last edited by metalhobo; 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MountainDog
    replied
    The term would be “drill and tap” for the machinist. If you move the saddle back further, would it be contacting the sloping piece of the backplate and not be able to move? See the section in this link about intonation, has a pick of what I’m talking about. You’d have to make sure that the saddle can still have some adjustment by the fine tuner and that there still is a spot to drill and tap a new hole/threads
    http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Leave a comment:

• tanpsi
    started a topic Drilling new floyd saddle screw hole?

Drilling new floyd saddle screw hole?

I have a couple JT500 trems on my JDR 94s, The low E string still intonates a little sharp pushed all the way back of the travel, Could a threaded hole be added by a metal shop? Has anyone done this and is familiar with the correct terminology that a metal shop would understand? Thanks!
Working...
X