Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

34mm FR Sustain Block in my MIM San Dimas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34mm FR Sustain Block in my MIM San Dimas?

I bought a used ~2013 MIM San Dimas 6 months ago and notice the sustain block is 34mm with the FR logo. Is this 34mm a legit FR block and is it the block that originally came with this guitar model? I am inclined to believe the 32mm would have been stock as the 34mm seems to raise one end of the trem springs such that they are not parallel across the back of the guitar body.

I dont know what came with the guitar. But for example Kiesel use 34mm blocks on their Floyds. And as far as i know FLoyd rose dont sell 34mm blocks to public as parts just 32 37 and 42.
    It should be fine aslong as the springs can move freely in the cavity.

Comment

Yep. My Carvin JB200C has a 34mm block on the floyd rose. Interesting about the Charvel.

Comment

Interesting about the 34mm blocks, especially on the Carvin/Kiesel. I bought a Floyd from Carvin around 1994 or so and it was 37mm.
        It used to be 42 or 37 for non-recessed Floyds (the 42 sits higher off the body, and the 37 would either sit on the body or slightly above), and the 32 was for recessed Floyds. I guess maybe different guitar manufacturers are using a different neck angle or something now?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sustain block on the JT580LP (yes I realize it's not a Floyd Rose product) on my 2009 KE3 is also 34mm which puzzled me when I first got the guitar since I was also accustomed to seeing 32mm, 37mm, and 42mm blocks as the "standard" lengths.

Comment

Wow. I had heard some newer Jacksons/Charvels used 34mm a couple years back, but didn't realize it went that far back to 2009.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X