Oy Vey, my Floyd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oy Vey, my Floyd...

The intonation is off and I move the saddles as far up as they can go. Still off by a cent or two. Do I start all over, moving the saddles to neutral on the baseplate?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Check if the pickups are too close to the strings. It can affect the intonation.

Comment

if you can not move them far enough in the direction you need to go to set the intonation, setting them in the middle will not help. Is you intonation to sharp, or to flat? have you changed strings latly? Is the neck straight? is the bridge level? are the trem posts ok? is the neck tight(if bolt on)? is the nut tight, and mounted properly? lots of things can effect intonation.

Comment

The notes at the 12th are flat. I adjusted the truss and flattened the neck (checked it against a straight edge). Bridge plate is level. Nut is secure. It does need new strings. The weather has warmed up considerably here in So Cal - we've had some 90• days.

Comment

The notes at the 12th are flat. I adjusted the truss and flattened the neck (checked it against a straight edge). Bridge plate is level. Nut is secure. It does need new strings. The weather has warmed up considerably here in So Cal - we've had some 90• days.

Comment

1. that's odd. usually we find that a floyd doesn't move back far enough.
            2. did you move to the next hole?
            3. make sure you are properly installing the strings.

Comment

Working...
            X