King V input routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V input routing

Hello, it's been a really long time since I've posted anything. I have been going through my guitar parts and decided to get a start on one of my projects. I have an older JS King V body where the input jack is on the cheap side (gets in the way of your leg when sitting,) I'd like to fill this hole and add a new on the correct side but I'm not sure exactly where they place it or how it's routed. It doesn't look like I can do a straight shot without hitting the post. I can get most of the way and then complete the route by going through the pickup routing. I taped out the basic route with green tape in the image below:

I do not own a USA King V or one of the newer imports that has the input jack on this side. If someone could me the distance from the horn to the center of the input jack it would be much appreciated.

This guitar is basically going to be a franken guitar of parts that were bound for the trash. The body had the horn completely snapped off. Where you can see the bare wood is a new piece made that is pinned and glued in. The headstock is from a local guitar shop. A kid was playing a DK2M and messed up putting the guitar on the hanger. The guitar landed right on the headstock and snapped it in half. The shop owner had it in the trash. Luckily, I heard the story that day and was able to recover it. Still figuring out exactly how I'm going to get these pieces back together.

I'm considering painting it either white or black. I'm leaning towards white with black hardware.
Working...
X