Floyd Rose Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Replacement

before I drop £200 on an original Floyd Rose for my Adrian Smith SDXQ....

does anyone know if it’s a straight swap out whilst keeping the original posts that came with the guitar? Or am I better off removing the posts and filling the holes before mounting the NEW original Floyd Rose including the posts that came with it?

thanks in advance
    Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
    *ESP E2 Horizon
    *Squier Trohman Telecaster
    *Jackson SDXQ

It should be.
    But should be and is are two totally different things.

You really won't know until you get the unit on your guitar and string it up.

Comment

Very true! As long as the general consensus is ‘it should be’ rather than ‘no, they’re both designed differently’ then I think it’s worth taking a punt
      Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
      *ESP E2 Horizon
      *Jackson SDXQ

Comment

Why swap the whole unit? If you check the Floyd Rose site, they state that only the saddles and the trem block are from the cheap pot metal alloy, meaning that the srews, baseplate, stringlocking blocks and studs are from the same material as an OFR. You can get a set of German made saddles and FR brass block for half the price of the whole unit and the only thing reminding you of the Special will be the logo on the baseplate. I recently did the same thing an X Series Soloist and it worked like a charm. It's on par with the OFR I have in my Pro Series King V. Actually somewhat better, because the mass of the bigger brass block makes it flutter like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

That’s worth knowing! Thanks Nexion!
          Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
          *ESP E2 Horizon
          *Jackson SDXQ

Comment

Working...
          X