Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEK'd Setup my LTD JH-600, GRAPH, Vid and WHY i did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEK'd Setup my LTD JH-600, GRAPH, Vid and WHY i did it.

So thank you for helping me diagnose my guitar over the past few weeks. I'll give u the quick answer why I did it.

So what was wrong with my guitar before any of the setup? The buzz was pretty much on too many frets and notes were sour, did not sound correct and many songs did not sound right even through the amp. After setup, the notes ring out and intonate correctly. The previous luthier did a shitty ass job , and put a shim that was not needed, so I took it out.

WHY did I Plek it?

1. The cost of Plek is the SAME as fret level/setup in my whole area of Cali
    **2. I've had my other guitar worked on by this guy 10 yrs ago, quality work**
    3. Two other luthiers could not do anything about my guitar.
    4. No other luthiers had any time of day to help me for at least a month.
    5. back to 2, the Luthier has big names under his belt: Steve Vai, Joe Satriani band members, Avenged Sevenfold. 13th Street Guitars, name is Hugh! While most of the other guys did not have much rep.

Actually the guitars at the store where he plek'd felt lower but did not buzz.

THE GRAPH:
    https://imgur.com/v4aP8qn

Update: Had it sent back to Shop, they analyzed Plek once more and just adjusted truss rod. Issue solved

So on 6th string and 5th fret do not buzz in isolation, but when fretted to make an A5 powr chord it will buzz, with light pressure. That's the only nitpicky thing! Just curiious why it does that. And yes, i realize theres never gonna be a perfect electric guitar. Overall I'm very happy with the guitar setup and plek, although it's strange that the truss rod moved so much in an hour after the shop!

Other: The luthier said my LTD was a great build quality and craftsmanship , of the thousands of guitar's he's worked on. He said don't fear buying Made in Korea or LTD!
    Last edited by DanzoStrife; 06-11-2019, 06:50 PM.

Ok guys, i had went back to the shop cuz I had a little buzz on my 5th fret and the action was higher than when I had tested it. They just scanned it gain in the plek and it said it needed to move the truss rod a bit.
    PLEK scan pic:

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/erfoLB7.jpg)

Comment

Working...
    X