anti-slip technique for FR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I don't think it matters how many winds of string you have around the post when you're clamping down on a locking nut. At least I never noticed it having any affect when using Floyds. With a regular nut, it also doesn't really matter much unless you've got a Strat-type headstock that's not tilted back.
    right, but in theory, let's say you have some slippage at the locking nut on one of the strings. couldn't this "locking" method be used as a 2nd back-up or fail-safe for falling out of tune?
    Please visit my all metal youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/helmoftheantilemon/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
      I think that if you have real made-in-Germany Floyd Rose then string slippage is not a problem if you tighten saddle block screws properly. But if you have Floyd Rose Special or similar budget trem with zinc alloy saddles then this tip might help somebody. When I had a guitar with FR Special strings slipped out few times when saddles got worn out and had deep grooves.
      yup mine is a licensed/special (Not sure) the zinc alloy material is not as strong. how do you like your RR1? I bet there is not string slip there right? I played one about 5 years ago and it was the best guitar I had ever played. It changed my mind about Jacksons.
      Please visit my all metal youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/helmoftheantilemon/videos

Comment

Originally posted by uglijimus View Post
        yup mine is a licensed/special (Not sure) the zinc alloy material is not as strong. how do you like your RR1? I bet there is not string slip there right? I played one about 5 years ago and it was the best guitar I had ever played. It changed my mind about Jacksons.
        Both are nice guitars (I have a snakeskin and a hot rod flames RR1s), but I like my old RR professional pro more because it has thinner neck. They all have original Schaller saddles so string slipping is not a problem with them. I have two RRXMG´s too which originally had FR Specials, now one has a Schaller Lockmeister and other one has an OFR.
        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Working...
        X