Duncan or Dimarzio????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan or Dimarzio????

Guys I figured out the pickups I'll be using. So now does anybody know anything on Gotoh?? Ive heard many good things. I'd like to replace my current FR with the Gotoh style. I have a 2005 DK2. Does anyone know the proper block length to use? There is a 33mm, 36mm, and 40mm. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by HellBilly85; 12-28-2018, 08:15 PM.

Originally posted by HellBilly85 View Post
    Guys I can't make up my mind. I have an 05 Jackson DK2 looking to get fixed up and playing out of a BlackStar HT Club 40. I'm torn between Duncan JB or Dimarzio SD. Can someone make up my mind for me? Pleaseeee
    Nobody can make up your mind for you, but you're in a fortunate position to have plenty of both pickups floating around on the used market or in the spare parts bin of many players. Try getting one of each from eBay, scumtree or facebook classifieds for a good price, wire them up, switch them around and you might even like a mix of both.

Comment

What pickup is in the guitar now? The stock HB102B is a Duncan Designed JB so it would be the same tone. An SD would have more bass/less treble according to the tone charts.

Comment

Currently it is the Duncan Designed stock pickups it came with. Not sure the model.

Comment

The Duncan Designed pickup in the bridge is made to be like a JB (16K ohms, Alnico 5 magnet), so replacing it will make little difference in the way it sounds now.

So the question is, do you like the way it sounds now?

The most popular pickup on these forums is the Duncan Custom. Another popular choice is the Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Working...
          X