No announcement yet.

Jt500 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem. The string spacing is narrower, and I remember the baseplate or something underneath was bigger and wouldn't quite fit right in a normal lo-pro route.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not to rehash an old thread, but I'm going to anyway Will an OFR be able to replace a JT580LP without modification?
      Last edited by Hotrod; 01-29-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Yes. See this thread with photo proof that an Original Floyd Rose will fit the JT580LP route. A Floyd Rose Pro will also fit the JT580LP route.

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...PICS-INCLUDED)

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          A Floyd Rose Pro will also fit the JT580LP route.
          Yes, the Floyd Pro seems to fit, but the string spacing is off and too far to the left. Besides the 2 you've got pictured in that thread with that issue, I saw another one recently with the same issue (here or on FB, can't remember). Don't put a Floyd Pro in place of a JT-580LP. A regular OFR will do just fine.

I also remember someone here posting a long time ago that they had to route a little bit because the underside of the Pro had different dimensions and wouldn't fit right in one of their guitars.

Comment

Virtually nobody buys the Floyd Rose Pro anyway, so I'm not worried that the majority of people will end up choosing the Original Floyd Rose in the first place.

Comment

True.

Comment

Working...
              X