R3 or R4 nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 or R4 nut?

I just picked up a sweet Charvel 475 with Schaller trem, but some bonehead took the FR nut off and replaced it with a regular Gibson style nut, Do I need an R3 or an R4 nut?
    METAL, LIVE IT!

R3 is standard, R4 is wider string spacing but same width overall. R2 is for 1 5/8" width nuts.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      R3 is standard, R4 is wider string spacing but same width overall. R2 is for 1 5/8" width nuts.
      I know about the wider spacing, just wonder what was on there originally.I'm thinking R4?
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Guaranteed to be an R3. I have 4 Charvel 475's, and all have the R3, 2 of them I'm the original owner. My Charvel 550, 650, and 750 also all use the R3. I even have a 375, and guess what? It's an R3 too!
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          Guaranteed to be an R3. I have 4 Charvel 475's, and all have the R3, 2 of them I'm the original owner. My Charvel 550, 650, and 750 also all use the R3. I even have a 375, and guess what? It's an R3 too!
          Thanks, R3 it is. Just ordered one from Floyd Rose.
          Last edited by jacksonaxes; 08-27-2015, 11:52 PM.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
          X