FU-Tremblock-users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FU-Tremblock-users?

Hi, I have all my guitars equipped with copper-tremblocks from fu-tone. Now I have one guitar (mapleneck, DK2-body, Schaller Lockmeister-trem) with a brass-block. I noticed that this guitar sounds much better than the guitars with copper-blocks. All those guitars sound kinda dull. Especially the low E-string sounds like it is damped or so. I got a DK1 where this problem can be noticed the most, my neckthrough-Jacksons have this prob also, but not that much. Has anyone ever noticed this and knows what con be done to get this fixed? Are brassblocks better sounding? Edit: I am missing some highs also. I already thought about using other pots. I am using BKPs and they are offering 550k-pots which should result in some more highs.
    Last edited by v4rg; 08-26-2015, 09:12 AM.

I've never tried copper blocks, I have brass on all my guitars so no dice.
    But what I have tried is BKP:s, Holy Diver, Nailbombs and Miracle Man and most 500K pots is less than 500K if you measure them, some as low as 450 or worse. I've tried the 550K pots and they do add highs. I removed them because my Soloists with alder,maple and ebony became a little too bright with those pots.

Comment

I think i'm gonna order some 550k pots and some brass blocks and see what is best. I just wonder why that "cheap" guitars sounds so much more agressive and has so much bass and power especially played without an amp

Comment

I don't know, but all original Floyd blocks were brass to begin with, just plated with steel.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And the difference is not in the tremolo block, but in the guitar itself. You can't slight one axe over another just because they have different blocks. What about, wood? Pickups? Neck thru/bolt on? Etc. Tone is way more than a stupid block. I've got an older Jackson with the JT-6, all original, and that thing sings and sounds so great. But I had a modern era Jackson with a Floyd and brass block, and it was a tone dog...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

sure the block is not the only part that makes the difference. But I have some USA Jacksons and a "partscaster" with those blocks. The partscaster is the only one with a brass block. I just wanted to ask if someone has ever compared (maybe in the same guitar) brass and copper and noticed some difference in the sound. I mean, how can it be that a DK1 sounds like someone is muting the strings and a fairly cheap guitar sounds so much better? I think I'll make a short clip playing both of them without an amp to show you. The parts itself on both guitars equal in many points, bolt-on, Humbucker (Bkp and Dimarzio), good trem, same strings. The only difference is the neck and fretboardwood (maple/flamemaple and maple/ebony and the blocks

Comment

I changed the block back and forth last night but with no improvement. So maybe iit is just the combination of woods, the trem and so on. Seems like I can sell all other guitars now because a 800$-axe does everything better than all of them :/

Comment

Working...
              X