Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning jackson misha mansoor juggarnaut

Hello!

I just purchased my first jackson! A misha model. I was looking up cleaning fluids for it but could not find any direct recomendations on the official jackson website (it is very possible I overlooked it - so please let me know if i did)

Should it be ok for me to use my current PRS cleaners on it?

Here is a link to the cleaners I have and am considering using on my new jackson:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSCareKitBun

If you could just let me know if this is a good idea or if there are better alternatives - i would very much appreciate it.

Thank you! Very glad to be a part of this community.

Welcome to the forum. That cleaner will be fine. How about some pics of your new guitar?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes you are good. Treat it as you would any other fine piece of finished wood.
      The fretboard stuff is just lemon oil. You can buy a big bottle of olde english (not 800) at the supermarket for a $3 and it's the same stuff. Would last 20 years treating 50+ guitars.
      Use the fretboard stuff sparingly and occasionally, maybe 2x-3x/year depending on the climate. Apply and wipe off after a few minute Too much too often can soften the wood and lift the frets.
      Last edited by Catharpin; 08-19-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Too much too often can soften the wood and lift the frets.
        I'm not going to say that ^ can't happen but, I've never experienced that with lemon oil and that's all I've use on my fret boards ( Dunlop 65) same shit just a different name , every string change, my Jackson is 20 yrs old... neck is perfect ( I got it back by the way, kid couldn't afford it) I don't soak it though. I leave it sit about a minute, then rub in, I'll switch cloths and then do a clean rub to remove any excess until dry. For each of those cleaners I have 2 rags one to apply and rub in and one to wipe and clean away. I've polished my guitars with the same rag for so long, I rarely have to add polish or lemon oil to my rag. Just remember when you are DONE playing each and every time, WIPE THOSE STRINGS and the back of the neck, if you have a tremolo wipe any sweat that may have gotten on it as well, also apply the cleaner to the rag not the guitar then clean, same with polish, apply to the rag.. rub it together, then apply to guitar let it haze, then switch rag and remove polish. It's just that simple. Enjoy and welcome to the boards, these guys are not going to steer you wrong, if they're telling you something it's from EXPERIENCE.
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Thanks so much both of you. The guitar is actually not here yet. I pre-ordered it. It should be here in a couple weeks. I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. I was actually torn between getting either it or a Guthrie charvel. I opted for the misha because I own a few guitars that are well suited for fusion, thought it would be cool to get a shred machine. Pics, videos, and a brief review with my thoughts are to come.

Also, want to take a minute to say thanks to the admins here for putting up with my posting the same thing several times when I didn't see the post showing. For some reason, I think earlier my phone either wasn't showing the fact it would take a mods approval before first post gets shown, or else I wasn't paying any attention when the disclaimer was being shown.

So excited to finally have a Jackson on the way!

Comment

Thanks 8090!!

Comment

The kit you listed would be fine. Any decent auto polish will work fine for guitars. I also had a gift set by Fender and it actually worked fairly well too.

For unfinished wood, I'd stick with some kind of caranuba wax or lemon oil.... Naptha works as well. I'd avoid gunstock or linseed oil unless you need to freshen the natural finish. Applying that is like refinishing it and you may need to steel wool some residual tackiness.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

No problem man it's what the board are here for, one more note, I store each of those rags in its own Ziplock bag. Labeled Apply/Clean
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Working...
                X