Double Rhoads blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
    Oh, Nightbat, those neckthrough models are completely different. Compare those pictures to bolt-on versions.

it does look as if the trem is a little closer to the edge, and the 19th fretmarker clearly appears to be deeper in the body
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
      I love how my request for a Double Rhoads template sparked a neck debate.
      Isn't that why the internet and forums were invented!!!!

I can send you a template. How would you like it? Computer file? PDF,dxf,dwg,iges? Or I could cut an MDF template. Let me know.

Comment

ulijdavid, anyway that's easiest for you would be much appreciated, and a favor I won't forget to return.

Digital is certainly fine, I can scale it to size and print it out.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

So, I've run into a snag with the project, and I'd love to hear some input from you guys.

Turns out the Black Walnut slabs my friend has, are only about 1.25" in thickness. So I'm torn about what to do.

I can use something like Mahogany or Alder for a back. But I wanted this to be an oiled finish, and I don't think I'd like the thickness seam.

I also don't know how I feel about a paintburst to hide it.

Anybody have some cool ideas, or input?
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

If you have access to a re-saw, you could slice the walnut in half and sandwich the mahogany or alder in between. This way you would have the walnut on the top and bottom.

Comment

He had mentioned sandwiching it that way. I suppose the center would be thin enough that the seams would actually look nice.

Which of alder or mahogany will oil better, ya reckon?

Comment

You will have to do some different methods to mahogany to oil fill the pores. The alder may provide more of a color contrast.

Comment

I'd go with maple if I wasn't so scared that it'd be way too bright, considering there's already a maple center between walnut wings.

Comment

Working...
                  X