air filters for studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filters for studio

I was curious if anyone has tried this for sound dampining or if y'all thought this is a bad idea. I haven't looked into pricing but seems it would be cheaper. Thoughts?

No linky.....

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Something like this
      https://www.danforthfilters.com/secu...Air-Filter.jpg

Comment

I'll bet eggcartons work just as well at a fraction of the price
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I don't know about this one. Are you trying to treat a room? If so, I think this filter is designed more for letting air pass through, than absorbing it.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
            That will do absolutely nothing to dampen sound.

I thought you looking for actual air filtration control for a studio. Are you just looking to put up sound absorbers?

I can help with that.

MOSHON
            DAVE
            Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 08-09-2014, 09:55 AM. Reason: green
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Spray on polyurethane foam would work great... closed cell foam. Layer with carpet, egg cartons, sheetrock or something else.

It would be kind of expensive, but if you're building a real studio, I'm sure you can find a foam roofing company with some slack time that could give you a really good price... probably around $1000 or less for a 10x10 room in 4-6 inches of foam.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you just want sound treatment and not sound proofing, then Auralex makes some good stuff. I put up a few of their panels and bass traps in my music room and it cleaned up the room sound nicely.

Comment

Working...
                X