No announcement yet.

Filing a floyd nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check to see if you have any loose nuts or screws on your tuners, too. I've encountered this on a couple of USA Jacksons. What sounds like a string buzz could actually just be a tuner whose components haven't been screwed in well enough. ... Don't over tighten, though!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Check to see if you have any loose nuts or screws on your tuners, too. I've encountered this on a couple of USA Jacksons. What sounds like a string buzz could actually just be a tuner whose components haven't been screwed in well enough. ... Don't over tighten, though!
      Yes I agree.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The retainer bar should be enough to hold the E string in the proper place.
        You are putting a lot of stress on that retainer screw and it may not hold.
        The way you described it the retainer bar is too high.
        Last edited by straycat; 07-08-2014, 09:24 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Looking at your headstock it looks like it has a much worse offset between the E string slot in the nut and the tuning post than the average reversed Jackson headstock has.
          As stated above try lowering the string retainer asmuch as you can, helping the string seating in the nut.
          Other wise, does your "string-around-the-screw" thing work, it works, so...

Comment

Working...
          X