X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut lube

Is there an alternate to this item?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Big-Bend...80-i1134967.gc

Out of principle, I have a problem with purchasing a syringe of oil for 20.00. Am I just being a cheap bastard or, is this the only product?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Originally posted by nateb View Post
    Is there an alternate to this item?
    "Mr Rsmacker, your assistance is needed in isle #3, please head for isle #3, thank you!"

How about cheap pencil graphite?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I might just walk in to my local GC and ask the one of the girls that works there if she has some nut lube.

But seriously, I've never seen a need for that stuff. Are your strings binding up on the nut?
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I think Planet Waves has a "kit" for around 10-12 bucks. Includes the syringe filled with lube (more like vaseline than oil) and a few brushes to get the stuff where you want it. Got it at the local Music Go Round....and it does work. I also use it to assemble Floyds, etc.

Mark
        "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

I have a container of Guitar Grease from Stew Mac I bought eons ago. It's 2/3's the price of the GC one but there's a minimum order of $30 or so to order from there:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessor...ar_Grease.html
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

If you are a cheap bastard just use vaseline or chapstick. Either will do fine at helping prevent string binding. That said I use big bends because the syringe always makes my wife think I've picked up a smack habit.

And then I get to ask her if she wants some of my nut sauce.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm lazy so I buy the nut sauce.I get it for around $8.00 for the small syringe.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Years ago I used this stuff on strats without a floyd and it went back to dead on in tuning every time. Good stuff. I seem to remember it being cheaper than what this is listed at though.

http://guitarsandgear.com/Product/A9...20with%20Cloth

Comment

Normal bike chain oil with graphite in it is the same stuff as Big Bends Nut Sauce. Oils with PTFE are also good. Should be lot cheaper than Big Bends.

Comment

I think it's worth it, I bought some in the same size back in 2008 and I still have about half a syringe left to use. Depending on how many guitars you will be using it on, it should last you many many years. I've used it on all my electric guitars [5] and friends guitars that I've set up and I've got plenty left. Hey it's on sale too

Comment

I do a lot of set ups so I go thru the bigger sized one in about 3 months.
                      I use it on the nut,any pivot point on a trem and the string saddles.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've been an informal endorser of Big Bend's for awhile now. They wanted me to do a testimonial on it without cracking jokes about the name, that was hard. Anyways, yeah I use it whenever I change the boss' strings. It's not cheap, and if you are just playing guitar for yourself you probably don't need it. However I send my boss out onstage to beat the shit out of a guitar in front of anywhere from a thousand kids at a club show to millions of television viewers, and him going out of tune is NOT an option. Like I said, it's not cheap, but I get the big tubes and literally they last me years of changing multiple sets of strings every day. So if you think your guitar is worth it, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X