So I have a semi-nutty idea for the RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have a semi-nutty idea for the RR

Wiring is messed up already as only 1 volume pot is controlling both pickups. And I am going to replace the EMGs with some passive SDs as well. Since I'm just not gelling with the 3 way blade switch, I am thinking of adding a 3 way toggle switch. Here is my plan & some questions, feel free to add advice or talk me off the ledge.
    I am thinking of using the 1st volume pot hole to mount the 3 way toggle. Seems to be the best location for access & we all hate the placement of that volume knob anyway. My question here is what would be the best way to widen that hole to accept the 3 way toggle without ruining/chipping the finish?
    Yes this will make volume swells with the volume pot inconvenient/impossible. Not really an issue since I tend to use a volume pedal anyway.
    My next thought is do I keep the tone pot or ditch it & still have a 2 volume pot guitar. I'm leaning this way as I do like the idea of having each pickup set different (depending on application) & flip the toggle without also having to adjust the volume pot or pedal.

The above has crossed my mind for the KV as well. Accessing that blade switch is an absolute pain in the ass.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Well if your toggle is where your vol is and you tend to accidentally touch the vol, imagine what will happen with a toggle that sits higher than a knob. Also depending on where you were going to move the vol to, the wood may be thicker there so a longshaft maybe needed or some shaving in the cavity. You say its only got a vol. What model RR? When i had to add a hole to a guitar ijust put a strip of painters tape on the face and slowly drilled through to the cavity. May not be the best way but i never had an issue doing it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
      My question here is what would be the best way to widen that hole to accept the 3 way toggle without ruining/chipping the finish?
      Reamer. (I hardly know her!) http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Re...&xst=3&xsr=466
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
      X