No announcement yet.

Lock-it guitar straps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a washer between the nut and the strap, so I really wouldn't worry about strap damage.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
      I have the flushmount Dunlop ones installed in my V-shaped guitars, and I find that the body is in better balance than with the Schallers.
      Good luck, I've had two sets of Dunlops, both of them failed after about a year of regular nearly daily use. Two different Warwick basses of mine both hit concrete slab floors. I'll never use that product again.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Good luck, I've had two sets of Dunlops, both of them failed after about a year of regular nearly daily use. Two different Warwick basses of mine both hit concrete slab floors. I'll never use that product again.
        Damn, you've got me a bit worried. No easy way to undo those flushmount ones...

Comment

The messed up thing was, I couldn't tell if it was the strap buttons or the locking mechanism that wore out. They would slip in and lock just fine, and if you gave them a little tug, they'd most likely still lock, but then you jump around a little, and I do mean very little... on stage or at rehersal for a few minutes and then it fails.

If anything just replace them after they start showing significant signs of wear through the black finish... most of the parts are brass, so they do wear out.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X