cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cases

I've got a few jackson strats and BCR st-3's without cases. from my experience cases that work for one works for the other since both have big tilt back headstocks. who makes some and where can i buy them, and know they are going to fit. Not looking to break the bank ordering custom G&Gs. I have 2 strat cases that i padded behind the necks so the headstocks don't bottom out until find some real cases.

Look on Ebay I have gotten a few older USA badged pointy Jackson cases for under $100.00.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I would look on ebay - I got a slightly used SKB Freedom case for @ $45 with shipping included that I keep my Blackjack ATX in. Also, I recently bought one of these Musician's Gear cases you can order through GC or find on ebay for $50 for my SLXT - I wouldn't recommend it if you are going to be traveling with it or much of anything other than storage in between playing - the hinges are not that sturdy and it is a $50 case so you get what you pay for, but for the moment it should do the trick. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician...GP&cagpspn=pla

Comment

thanks, I've got a bid or 2 out on some old C/J cases. I'm assuming all the chainsaw style ones OK? the blackjack ATX doesnt have a big pointy headstock. its the headstock clearance thats the problem with putting jackson and BCR strats in generic "strat cases". I brought an ST-3 into GC tried a few and none of the aftermarket "strat" cases they had cleared.

Comment

Don't count on the Chainsaw cases fitting anything other then the specific guitar it was built for. For example, regarding the older Charvels, the ones for the strat shaped didn't fit in the soloist ones, like the model 6. And all the cases were headstock specific, reverse or non reverse...and not much room for anything else. BCR headstocks appear larger so I doubt they fit. As mentioned, probably have better luck the the older badged cases.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

cool THANKS. that helps me out a bunch.

Comment

If you can look for Used SKB's on Ebay make sure the are the deeper ones those should work.
              The original SKB that came with my ST III was 4 1/4 high and my SD Jacksons are 3 3/4 to 4 in high
              Have the guy measure them before you bid if they don't list the case dimensions.
              Last edited by straycat; 01-19-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Hey man for Jackson strats I go with Gator cases. I don't see a model number on them, but it is their basic electric guitar case that you find at Sam Ash. It is a perfect fit: the full-size strat body is nice and snug, and the back of the angled headstock has a bit of clearance with the bottom. I took one of my Strats to Sam Ash and tested a few different cases. Coffin cases are decent for Strats too, but the Gators are all I buy now.

I know with the rectanglar Jackson cases with the round J/C logo, there is a Dinky/Soloist and a Strat version that are not interchangable. I can usually tell them apart with clear photos of the interior. Chainsaws have Strat moldings as far as I've seen. The badged rectangular ones probably work for both as they aren't molded per se. I pretty much called off the hunt for any of these when I discovered the Gator cases.

EDIT: Here is the link

http://www.samash.com/p/Gator_Deluxe...Case_-49952642

Comment

Gator makes a great case for the money.

Comment

THANKS! great info.

Comment

Will these Gator cases fit a Model 5 (neck thru)?

Comment

Yes they do.Here is my 85 soloist in one.Not a super tight fit on the body but the neck is supported very well and room under the headstock.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by straycat; 05-18-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Avoid the 1990-91 import J/C cases, as they typically had nothing but a thin layer of fur over the inside, and are not good for anything other than storage, in my experience.

Gator Strat-style cases are rather nice, but then I use one for a SoCal and one for a Morton, so not exactly the same headstock issues as with a Soloist.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X